Monday, October 1, 2012

September 24, 2012
Me on hike to Brasov -Sapte Scari (Seven Stairs)

Old Constanta District back together (almost all of us) in Buc- Sora Savage, Me, Elder Cunningham & Elder Miner

Climbing Sapte Scari (Seven Stairs)

What a week it has been a lot of English contacting and not a ton of lessons (despite our efforts).  But we did have District Conference which was an amazing experience.  It was Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday we had the Relief Society meeting which went great.  I saw members from other Branches I have served in and got to catch up with them (ie- Members from Panduri and Constanta as well as Ploiesti).  It was so amazing to me that so many remembered me and welcomed me with opened arms.  One of the Recent Converts that I taught in Panduri went through the temple for the first time in September (Mirela).  It was so wonderful to talk to her about it and talk to others about their experiences they had when they went (Members here have the opportunity to go to the temple about 2 times a year, in Sept and May, and they go with all the members that are in Romania at the same time).  They all said the Kiev Temple was beautiful and that they all felt united being together there.  We also had a joined meeting with everyone where we heard from the Temple President of the Kiev Temple and his wife (the Galbraith's).  They were hilarious but taught such great things.  We stayed with Sora Stark and Savage for the night where I gave my companion a haircut so she looks even cuter (didn't know that was possible, but it is :) ).  Then on Sunday I got to talk to even more members and missionaries I haven't seen in a while.  I found out that a man I contacted on Dec 1 of last year (Flavius) got baptized and is now a very happy member.  I didn't have the chance to teach him but I remember when he was being taught and that he was amazing.  He was the one that talked to me in English and then I forgot to get his information but he actually called back later.  I was so happy to find out that despite his family not being too happy that he is a member that he realized it was his time and that he went ahead with it.  He has a great amount of faith that is just inspiring.  Plus he remembered that I was the one that contacted him.  How cool is that?  So things went so great this last week.  I love Sora Bulloch!  She is so much fun and we just have a ton of fun together.  It doesn't seem like work at all, just doing what we love.  Today we went to Brasov where we met up with Elder Bruner and the other missionaries there to hike Sapte Scari (seven stairs).  It was so amazing! We climbed a ladder right next to a beautiful waterfall.  It was so nice just to be out in nature again.  Brasov really is beautiful.  Plus I found out that I will be going back to Brasov for exchanges with Sora Lund on the 3rd-the 5th.  So yeah I will be there for my birthday!  How cool is that!  I have had so much fun these last few days and I just feel so pumped about the work here.  We have so many members that are so strong and it was so amazing to see them come together and be strengthened even more.  Plus it is always great to be with other missionaries and to enjoy the beauty that God has created for us to enjoy.  I am so grateful right now and so excited for what this next week holds!  Oh and I do want to wish the amazing Elder Bruner a very happy birthday this week on the 27th.  He is so great, sa stii.  Anyways I love you all.  Take care and take a minute to enjoy the beauty around you this week. 

Love,
Sora Krissy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment