Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Matt, Rachel, Uncle Larry, Tyson and Cassie this week and anyone else I may have missed!  I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Also, Jen congrats!!!  I am so excited for you it is crazy!  I love you! 

So Brasov was amazing!!!  It was also the scariest day of my life ha.  We went to Adventure Park which is a park where they have climbing and zip-line courses.  If you didn't know, I am scared of heights.  My companion is most definitely not. . . so we did only the hardest courses (which also meant the highest).  But everyone was super supportive, especially Elder Bruner.  It was super sweet of them and I was able to get to the end of all of the courses (even the black one).  My arms gave out on the final course of the black (we had to pull ourselves up a zip-line backwards).  I was about 10 feet from finishing it, but I just couldn't.  It was super frustrating at the time, but now I realize that I got so much farther than I thought.  I was so scared the whole time and yet I was able to overcome and push through.  I may not have finished that last task, but I got to the end of the course and I finished many others.  That is enough.  I did better than I thought I could and it may not have been at the same level as everyone else, but I did my best and that is all we are ever asked to do.  The mission and life is the same thing.  We often compare ourselves to those around us, if we don't measure up to them, we feel as though we have failed.  We forget what we have accomplished to get to that point and the other obstacles that we have already overcome.  God doesn't ask us to do better than everyone else.  He asks us to be the best we can be individually.  As we change our perspective to seeing ourselves as God sees us instead of how man sees us, then we find that we are so much happier.  I have found that as tried to do this in the mission I have enjoyed the experience so much more.  I find that I live up to other people's expectations of me (ie- the mission president, family, other missionaries, etc) as I focus more on what God wants me to do, than on what they all expect.  It is something I am still working on everyday, but I am trying everyday to make sure that this is where my focus is. 

Other than that, things went great this week!  Interviews were great and I was able to be a lot more open than I have ever been.  It was so wonderful.  That day we went looking for a man that we contacted the week earlier (Victor).  He gave us his address and so we looked it up on the map and then went to go find him.  Well, the street he gave us was not the same as the one we went to.  In fact, the one we went to was in an industrial zone, so after taking an hour and a half to get there and finding only semi-trucks and factories we called him.  He said it was a small street off of Republicii (the street we actually live on).  So we turned back and then started walking.  We got another call and I asked how far it was from Kaufland (supermarket- kind of like costco or walmart).  He said about 3 km.  That didn't seem too far ha.  So we started out.  Just as we reached the sign that said we were leaving Ploiesti we found the street.  It was the last street on the border!  Oh and 3 km is a little far ha, especially when we were walking.  But we had an amazing lesson and he committed to read the Book of Mormon and to meet with us again (he was older and his mother was there so that is why we didn't turn him over to the elders, otherwise we would have).  Then it was 3:30 and our interviews were at 4:30.  So we started walking VERY quickly and eventually found a taxi that rushed us to our interviews with President Hill, Sora Hill, and the Assistants to the President, getting there just in time.  We were definitely blessed.  We should have been late, but we hit every green light and our driving really knew how to maneuver the traffic ha.  It was a crazy day, but it all worked out so well.  We spent about 5 and a half hours looking for that man and then we had a lesson, but the spirit at the lesson was so amazing that it was so worth it.  I really have felt so blessed this last week.  Thank you for all of your love and support, I really appreciate it.  I love you all.  I know that as we have faith and follow the example of Jesus Christ, we will be blessed.  So work hard and don't compare yourself to man, work to be the best you can be and live up to God's potential for you.  That is how we truly find happiness.  If you mess up, we are so blessed to have the Atonement, so not worries.  We can change and we can become better.  It just takes persistent work.  So don't give up and know that I love and support you as well as God and Christ.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sora Krissy Hall

PS- funny story/ top 5 moment of the mission so far- So on Saturday we had a baptism for a girl that has been waiting 2 years to get baptized (she turned 18 on Fri) then we had a branch activity.  Anyways, between the two the Zone Leaders said they had something for me from Elder Bruner.  So they went to their car and pulled out an opened Pillsbury German Chocolate Cake mix.  I was super confused and then they told me to pull out the bag, so I did, the mix was filled with little maggots, like the ones that turn into those annoying moths that show up in your kitchen ha.  I jumped back (which frankly surprised even me ha).  They were the same species that I would ALWAYS find in my grandparents chewy chips ahoy cookies whenever I went over to their house and seeing them just brought back those memories ha.  Anyways, we had already received permission to call Elder Bruner that day for some other things, so I called him and asked why the heck he would send me little maggots.  He said he saw them and thought of me ha.  He then brought up how Sora Bennett missed her job so she started growing pea plants (she is a landscaper) and how he missed his major so he just learns a ton of history type stuff, so he thought I would miss my major and so he sent me an "ecosystem."  It was the funniest conversation I have had in a long time.  I totally see his point of it and frankly it makes complete sense ha.  He just didn't know the background behind those type of organisms ha.  It was super cute that he tried to get me an ecosystem though.  It made my day and is totally one of my top 5 mission moments ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment