Monday, November 26, 2012

This just in. . . being sick on a mission isn't that much fun.  I am now on antibiotics and have been out for the count for about 4 days now.  Whatever I had moved into my lungs and now I have a lovely tightness in my chest.  I would love to say that the drugs are working, but to be honest, I don't know if I am feeling any better since being on them.  But I still have a couple more days to go.  So here's hoping :)

Other than that, life is moving on.  I have one more week left of this transfer.  We find out where we go next transfer this week.  I am excited to see what will happen.  I could leave but I could also stay another transfer.  We will have to wait to see.

Also, we had 4 investigators at church yesterday which was awesome!  Plus 2 brought their families (either kids or husband).  We felt so blessed especially since I have been out for the last few days. 

Earlier this week we had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators.  She asked if we had ever heard of the Mayans and their temples.  She then started in on some conspiracy stories about aliens and crystal skulls.  She asked if we had heard of it.  I said yes, because I have indeed seen Indiana Jones 4 :)  Then she went on to Reptilian people and how they are disguised as our leaders.  I had also heard of this due to various Doctor Who episodes.  We decided to teach about the Plan of Salvation as a way to explain why life is hard-- instead of blaming it on our Reptilian leaders (even if it would be a lot easier ha).  After going over the Plan of Salvation she said it made a lot more sense.  It was a great lesson and one of those times where I felt like I was supposed to be there.  That the hours I have spent watching Indiana Jones and Doctor Who actually paid off.  It helped me connect with someone else.  Yay for nerdiness!! :)

We also had Zone Conference this week.  So I got to see the lovely Sora Stark.  It was so much fun to be with her, especially because I didn't feel well.  By Wed my voice was gone and the elders (mainly Elder Knapp) enjoyed hearing me talk- or attempt to.  The conference was great and I got to bring some of Elder Ekins' famous chocolate cake home, which was even more wonderful!  We had Elder Kerr from the 70 and his wife come.  I learned a lot.  It was also such a comfort to see all my friends

That was pretty much my week.  Kind of boring at the end, but still good. Hopefully next week will be even better. 

Thank you to all for your love and support.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (which we did celebrate here as a district).  Love you all!!

Sora Krissy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment