Monday, December 26, 2011






Craciun Fericit!! I hope that everyone had a great Christmas. This week was crazy with seemingly little work. We had a lot of member visits which was good. It was definitely good to build those relations with the members and it was much needed. I also got food out of it which was wonderful. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we had wonderful meals for Zone Conference, the branch Christmas party and just for Christmas. I got to try a lot of Romanian food for the first time which was great. I ate Sarmale, Salata de Beouf, Cozonac, Ciorba and other stuff that I know was pickled, but didn't really know what it was. It was all so good and Sunday I ate way too much, but I just didn't want to pass up the experience and wish I had eaten more. I have no regrets :) I also got to go to an American families home again and eat an American Christmas meal. They got us all gifts that we fought over in a gift exchange game thing they had. What were the gifts, they were American food like Butterfingers, Mac and Cheese, Pop Tarts and so on. We were super excited to see them. You can't get anything like that here, so we were very happy and grateful to see and receive them. I ended up with the Pop Tarts :) That made me happy.

So Sunday we walked into Church and the Branch President told us we would all be speaking. This was terrifying for me. But I got through it. I definitely have a lot to learn and the other missionaries did a lot better, but I know that when I am out here as long as they are that I will know as much as they do. It just takes practice. Afterwards, all the members swarmed me and gave me hugs and said I did a great job. There was literally no way out haha. It was nice just overwhelming. They are really loving people though. I even got a hug from Sora Petrisor (not the MTC teacher, but her sister) It made me really happy. Then we went and ate way too much and then we had service! We got to go to an orphanage and sing with kids. It was an amazing experience! Finally, I got to Skype home. It was wonderful to see my family and the kitties :) It was too short, but I loved every minute :)

Shout outs:

Alicia: you are getting married like tomorrow!! I sent you a letter so be looking for it. I love you so much and you can email me pictures if that is easier ;) Love you!

John Woodruff: Thank you for the email. It was very exciting haha. I am now expecting a letter from you in the mail though haha. I am not looking forward for the adjustment, but I know you are doing a great job because you are John Woodruff and you are awesome.

Okay well I need to go. I love all of you. I hope that you have all had a great Christmas and that you will have a great New Year's. Remember to think about why we have this time of year in the first place. Remember the Savior and all that he has done for you. Take the time to make goals for the new year so that you become a better person.

Love,

Sora Krissy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment