Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hello to all the people I love! This week has been crazy! But first a story from last week that I forgot. So Dec 1st is Romania Day. They have the day off and there is a military parade. We thought it would be a good chance to advertise for our English classes that started this week. So we went and passed out fliers. A man stopped me and spoke to me in almost perfect English and said "wait you're Mormons right" So we talked for a bit and I was able to talk to him about the Book of Mormon and how we got it, basically the Restoration. He had lived in Texas for a year and a half and that is where he heard about the church. I was dumb and gave him our number and said if you want to know more to call. It reminded me of the Best Two Years. Well I was bummed when I realized I did that but I felt like, just like in the movie that if I had hope it would all work out. Guess what! He signed up for English classes and was at church yesterday. He really wants to know more. The other Elders are teaching him (oh and he has a wife and 9 year old son), which kind of makes me a little bummed, but not really. So if he gets baptized I feel like it would be okay to take credit for seeing him first and running into him. So long story short, my life is like a movie and it is awesome :D

Fun Fact: The toilet paper here all has scents to it. I am not sure why but they do. Ours currently smells like peaches. It is pretty cool.

So the week started out like normal but out of the blue Sora Wilson was sent to another companionship so we have been on our own since Friday. As soon as she left we have been running everywhere. We don't leave late, just the metro and tramvai and various other things have caused us to run. So on Fri. we ran to the tramvai and there were some old fashion gypsy women in the front. They saw us, got up and crowded and then tried to trip us as we got on and then we felt them grab at our bags. So we kept going and we were just too fast for them. That was fun. Oh sidenote- I have also seen two gypsy carts which make me really happy :). Anyways we weren't mad but now we will just be cautious no matter who we are with.

Our lessons have gone well since Sora Wilson is gone, but now I actually have to talk haha. It is good. It is definitely pushing us to the limits but I know we will be great. It will just take time. It is cool to be in lessons and to get a point across and for others to understand in another language. That is amazing.

Oh I am also teaching English now. That is fun, except that I have no idea how this works. English was never my strong point so it makes me nervous but I know that it will all work out. I just have to get better at teaching in general. That is the key to it all. We have a class of about 8 people, oh and we teach the medium level. It is a really great experience.

Can I just say how much I love it here. My hair smells like smoke everyday when I get home, and I am completely exhausted but I love it. It is starting to feel like home. I love the members and the amazing testimonies they have. I also love the food. It just makes me so happy. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and there are times when I get frustrated and wonder what I am doing here because I can't understand or can't get a point across. But those days where you look into a persons eyes and know that they can feel your spirit and know that what is being said is true, that is what makes it worth it. That is the most amazing feeling ever.

I love you all. Be safe and share your light!

Sora Krissy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment