Monday, September 3, 2012

August 27, 2012

This week was crazy.  But first I want to thank Sue Richart and Tatiana for their letters!  I loved reading them and catching up on everyone's lives.  I counted it out and in Tatiana's letter I found out that 13 of my friends are engaged or married whew it was quite a list but congrats to all of them as well.  Life does continue at home when you are on a mission.  So this week we went to Buc on Wed so that I could go to the doctors and get a CT scan.  Thankfully everything is normal so that's great.  Then we celebrated Elder James Birthday at Ruby Tuesdays with everyone.  It was so much fun!!  The next day we had zone conference which went well.  It was very hot and long, but I learned a lot.  Then we headed home and went to sports night.  The last couple of days have been a little slow but it was fun. 

That brings me to a thought I had this week.  We were walking around and we passed this car with CA plates and I did a double-take and the guy was like hey.  So we went over and talked to him and his family.  Turns out he was originally from Ploiesti and he met his wife on a Red Hot Chili Peppers chat room so he moved to the US and San Diego area.  Now they are back and trying to open a dog shelter.  We only talked for about 10 min but I felt like I learned so much.  I thought about how awesome that would be to understand everything someone told me and how different the mission would be if I was speaking English.  Then was we walked away an older woman with a little baby turned the baby's hand over and said da si mie (what they say to beg).  If I was in any other mission i would not have that experience which was kind of sad, but so Romania.  I am very happy to be serving here even with all the craziness.  I love it.

Well I need to go.  But I love you all and miss you all.

Love,
Sora Krissy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment