Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life is great here! The language is coming along which is so exciting! The Lord is definitely helping me out. Our practice investigators are both very difficult. One is a drug addict and has lost hope in God and himself. He was the hard one all along but now our other one (who does everything we ask, except pray) told us she doesn't want to pray because she knows God will tell her to change and she is content with life. She is so against change that nothing we have said will have any effect. She basically told us that we have to prove to her that change is a good thing and that it is part of God's plan. It is a little frustrating but I know that is how it will be out in the field. It is so great to have the opportunity to improve people's lives. Even if it means thinking outside of the box and out of our comfort zones. I know that Lord provides for those doing his work. I have already seen it in my life. The gospel is such a blessing because it teaches that life can always get better. That as you change and progress you not only feel better about yourself but you help improve the lives of those around you. It reminds me of the quote "be the change you want to see in the world." That is what the gospel teaches. Make that change for yourself so the world is better for everyone. What a blessing that is to know that. Thank you again for all those who sent me notes or things for my birthday (esp. Sue Richart for the yummy cookies). I really appreciate the support. I love you all.

Sora Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment